Friday, July 2, 2010

O Little Town



I am really enjoying my time here in Bethlehem, and I especially love walking in the old part of the city. The narrow roads and all the sights and sounds of the market are such a treat for the senses! You see the colorful things for sale, smell the spices and bread baking and coffee and chicken roasting, and hear a variety of sounds! It is hard to capture all of it on photos, but I am taking lots of pictures. I hope you enjoy these, that are some of my favorites. I am amazed every day that I have this fabulous opportunity to spend my summer here in this little town where Jesus was born!! I look forward to sharing more pictures when I get home.











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures. Keep them coming! Glad to hear your experience is good. You're in our prayers.

Greg

Susan Mell said...

I love this picture--I can't imagine being in Bethlehem, what a wonderful experience. Thanks for keeping us updated and posting these wonderful pictures. Prayers are with you.

Claire said...

I was thinking about you early this morning and what a wonderful opportunity you have been given. I love this picture. so simple and beautiful. Still sending prayers for safety and a good time.

jfriesen said...

It is fun to see your pictures and hear your point of view from the perspective of someone who met you there!

Have a good trip to Galilee.

Janice